HEAD OF PRODUCTION
This is a pivotal role in a busy corporate film company in Halifax suiting someone who loves to take ownership, manage and inspire a team and enjoys making a direct impact on the success of the company.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll have vision, creative flair and enthusiasm and will love everything film – whether it involves locations, the studio, animation or motion graphics. You’ll have in-depth knowledge of the digital production process and a keen eye for detail. You’ll use every sequence to tell a great story and will love finding new ways to deliver a narrative. A self starter, you’ll also have experience of leading a team of producers, crew and post-production team members to create innovative and memorable content on time and within budget.
- With the support of a team of producers, manage current client relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Work with clients and the team to develop ideas, provide creative options and scope out logistics.
- Oversee all live action, animation and motion graphics content produced by the department, driving through projects from client meeting to delivery.
- Bring together the right team members to produce the best work possible.
- Ensure high quality standards are met in client service as well as content creation at every stage of the production process.
- Think and plan strategically to maximise profit while delivering innovative content.
- Develop strong relationships with clients to win repeat business.
- Build a strong relationship with a network of freelancers.
- Provide regular updates and reports to SLT.
- Agency or production company experience.
- A willingness to work flexibly and across a range of output.
- Experience of managing multiple projects with the support of producers, crew and post production team.
- Evidence of managing a team to create high quality, creative content delivering on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of the production process from client concept meetings to file delivery.
- Experience of mentoring team members to ensure they’re developing in ways that benefit their professional development as well as contributing to the strategic aims of the business.
- Ability to set objectives and provide timely feedback.
- Ability to plan strategically to resource the department.
To apply for this role, please email a brief covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative Graphic Designer to our busy corporate film company in Halifax and make a real impact on our print, film and digital output. You’ll be full of ideas, passionate about brand and able to generate aesthetically-pleasing concepts that stand out to clients.
You’ll be working on creating eye-catching pitch documents to help the business win new clients so an ability to work within brand parameters as well as create new visuals is essential. You’ll also be involved in creating storyboards for film and animation work, as well as assets for animation and motion graphics so a flexible and ambitious approach is required. An eye for website design would also be an advantage.
While you’ll be taking the lead on visual projects, you’ll also be working as part of a team so a collaborative attitude is a “must” along with a self-starting attitude.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, a varied and exciting day and an opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of the business. This is a great opportunity for a Graphic Designer to advance their career in a friendly and supportive environment.
- An abundance of ideas and excellent typography and composition skills
- An ability to translate a client brief into compelling and engaging visual concepts
- Confidence in presenting visual solutions to clients and colleagues
- A natural enthusiasm for all things visual and creating the best aesthetic solution possible
- A collaborative attitude
- An ability to create visuals that work well across print, film and animation
- A desire to learn and develop and an appetite to keep in touch with latest design developments
- Illustrative skills would be an advantage
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
To apply for this role, please email a brief covering letter, your CV, and a portfolio of recent work to email@example.com in the first instance.